Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Cody

Author's Note: my interpretation on this writing assignment was to write a monologue/short story portraying my lizard's feelings and thoughts from the point of being in the pet store after being captured and then being brought to me and my family's "loving" home.


              I’m the happiest and luckiest reptile ever to be out of that pet store. The inconsiderate humans took me captive in a glass box that looks like my home… but I’m not stupid. It was not home for me. People would pass me with a look of disgust on their faces, some would scream, and some would be intrigued in me. Oh but then to make it worse were those children. I know they had good intent on wanting me… but It’s just that they press their faces up to the glass making them look like some demented animal, fogging up the glass so I had no true picture of what my surroundings were. I was in the desert and then I turn around to see people in a store? Yeah, I’m not a dim-witted lizard. I for one think I am a very intelligent being. Then some family came in and picked me light off the bat. I was happy as a buzzing bee in a field of flowers. They took me home, but I had to sit in some room where to only light was in my cage and surrounding me was cloth. I believe I was in what they call a closet. Then one day, I was taken out of my cage and carried into a room. The sun spilled in and people surrounded me, and then a little boy came up and everyone gathered around me giving me the attention and non-artificial love I’ve always wanted.



Okay, so now it’s official. I finally have a family who will hold me, take care of me, and have that real love and appreciation that I deserve. I finally have a real name… well at least one of many nicknames. I don’t believe I have a real one yet. The human they call Hannah calls me Cody and keeps making me look at this person on her wall. How could there be so many of him, and how is he hanging on her wall? There is no way he could be comfortable. She always tells me, “See that amazingly stunning teenager on my wall? That’s Cody Simpson, the guy you’re named after, but I feel so cherished here in this home with the roaming freedom I adore.

No comments:

Post a Comment