Friday, May 18, 2012

3 Facts and a Fiction: Topic 4: Darcy


Darcy was the most amazingly extravagant person I could ask for as a sister. We always fought, but since we were true sisters, we could always get over our little disputes that I felt and still feel were just ridiculous along the lines of what should've been acceptable for family. She’s taught me so much and she’s the main reason for me having athletic capabilities in any way shape or form. That truly naturally beautiful girl never had to wear makeup or anything, and I’ve honestly never seen anyone so… perfect. But then came that day, that tragic awful day. It was truly my fault. That picture… those last few moments still play over and over in my head. I don’t even know what we were fighting over, but I really hope it was immensely important.

We got into some dispute but I can’t remember what for. All I can remember was her slamming that door and pulling out of the drive way. The sky was grey and the rain poured down splattering upon the sidewalk. Two hours later, the police arrived at our house. They told me that my sister died in a crash. I could feel my body tremble and my legs weaken as I collapsed to the ground in tears. I felt as if I were internally dying. They told me she had to have been going fast, like really fast. She had to have been going somewhere among 100 miles per hour plus when she crashed into the bumpers on the side of the highway.

What did she ever do? This beautiful girl, perfect in every way loved by everyone was now dead and gone. I remember her showing me that song… “Dead and Gone” by: TI. That song used to be my favorite song, and ever since she died it’s been the one I’ve feared for the longest time imaginable; only because of the story of death. Not how it happened, not when it happened; just the concept.

But her eyes were a sparkling waterfall of blue. She was the only one with blue eyes in our part of the family. I don’t know how she contained those genes and got that 25% chance contained in her. Her perfect brunette hair... I always thought that was a weird combination, but she made it look out of the ordinary and just completely breath taking. I always wanted to be like her… I wanted to be as pretty as her, as good at sports as her… I wanted to know her secrets to being the perfect being she was. She was completely driven away from being self centered, and she knew when she could do the right thing; that’s when she would grasp the chance and take it… but she doesn’t do that anymore. She doesn’t do anything anymore. She just stays up there, dazzling among the stars, the brightest of them all and paints my shadows down on the sidewalk as I sit trying to talk to her in the moonlight. All of these facts made me twitch in realization that my sister was gone; I guess that’s why I’m so afraid to talk about her. I guess some things were destiny… but I bet we could’ve changed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment