Friday, December 9, 2011

Grumpy Old Man


 Author's Note: My writing circle chose Elderly people and I was inspired by a man, i forget who, but his story saddened me of how people saw him, and then he passed away.

You leave me here only to assume
That when you see me sitting in my room
You pass me by wondering why I seem so glum
You think that a grumpy old man is all I’ve become

I don’t see my kids, my sons and my daughters
I sit here alone thinking I ought to
No one comes and visits me s I sit here alone
My wife had died just a few years ago.

I wonder if you could ever have the heart to look underneath.
And see my heart and soul underneath
If sometime I could just fulfill my plans
But All you see is a simple, grumpy old man.


I would just want somebody to visit me.
And just see everything that I always do be
You’ve never truly known me, so why do you judge me?

I played sports, I’ve built forts
I used to hide all I ever wanted to imply.
But now I just wanted say…
You think I’m a simple grumpy old man
Why couldn’t you have helped me fulfill my plan?



No comments:

Post a Comment